- Wireless groupset is a breeze to install
- Provides incredible shifting performance
- Powerful hydraulic disc brakes improve control
SRAM's new Red eTap AXS 2X HRD Flat Mount Electronic Groupset takes their existing eTap technology and turns it up a notch! With easy user customisation options, 12-speed cassette, refined disc brakes and a new state of the art rear derailleur, Red eTap AXS is the ultimate road bike groupset.
- Seamless 12-speed wireless shifting with easy user installation and customisation
- Designed around new 12-speed cassettes, chains and cranksets (Sold separately)
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide exceptional stopping power and easy modulation
- Rear derailleur features Orbit chain management & X-SYNC pulleys for excellent chain retention & shifting performance
- Includes shifters/HRD flat mount disc brakes, front/rear derailleurs & batteries, charger & cord and Quick start guide (Chainset, cassette, chain & brake rotors are not included - sold separately - image for illustration purposes only)
SRAM wanted to really move the game on from the first generation eTap groupsets and with the new Red eTap AXS HRD they have done just that. This is revolution rather than evolution. When teamed with the new Red AXS cassette, chain & chainset (sold separately), the groupset offers a bigger gear range with smoother steps between them and simple operation.
The heart of the new Red eTap AXS groupset is the start of the art rear derailleur. Gone are the days of multiple derailleur options; the Red eTap AXS rear derailleur is compatible with both 1x and 2x drivetrains and uses SRAM's new Orbit chain management technology. Similar in principle to the clutch-type systems on their mountain bike derailleurs, Orbit uses a fluid-friction damper to maintain chain retention, making for a smoother, quieter ride on or off-road. The Red eTap AXS rear derailleur uses the same battery as the existing eTap groupset for easy charging and compatibility.
The new Red eTap AXS front derailleur provides the most responsive, quick and precise front shifting SRAM have made to date, with the cage profile optimised for the new SRAM Red chainring combinations. It also uses SRAM's YAW trimless cage technology, completely eliminating any chain rub on the cage. The elegant and streamlined profile is also more aerodynamic and provides better tyre clearance for the newer breed of wider road tyres. Like the Red eTap AXS rear derailleur, the front derailleur uses the existing eTap battery.
The Red eTap AXS HRD brake-shift levers have evolved from the first generation eTap system. While ergonomically similar, the new levers feature newly textured shift paddles and hood for better feel. The brakes can also be easily adjusted to your preference, with Contact Point Adjustment and separate Reach Adjust. The AXS system means the shifters can be customised to suit your preferences; want to run 1x and have both shifters change up or down the cassette? No problem. You can even mix and match the shifters with the new SRAM Eagle AXS mountain bike derailleurs! Sram set out to create the ultimate groupset, that pushed the boundaries of what was possible, as well as taking a close look at how to improve the drivetrain as a whole system. With incredible performance and versatility, the Red eTap AXS HRD groupset show's SRAM have succeeded in some style.